Sunday, August 25, 2013

In Other News


We will get back to your scheduled post regarding the Others/White Walkers in a little while here.  In the meantime, it's time to get to work on the Lannisters.

I actually assembled these guys a while ago, and have only just gotten to uploading the photos.  Life's been rather busy and as a result I haven't had as much time to dedicate to modeling as I'd like.  I actually put together about a dozen of these fellows, but only put up the most interesting ones and a sample of the others.  Here goes.

 First up, Jamie Lannister.  According to the novels, up to the point of his capture at the battle of Whispering Wood, he was armed in a suit of enameled white scale and a red Lannister cloak.  I believe he may have worn a lion-crested helmet as well, but don't recall.  In any case, the body is a scale-covered torso from the Fireforge Games foot-sergeants set.  The legs and arms are the white harness wearing men from the Perry Brothers' War of the Roses Infantry set, and the helmet and cloak are from the Games Workshop Knights Panther sprue.  I recently bought a pot of "pearlized white" paint from the craft store, so I'm interested in seeing how that will take.
 


Next up, his brother.  Tyrion, hand of the king, and generally known as "the imp" by those who do not like him.  He consists of an entirely chopped-up set of bits from the Perry Bros' box.  I think he came out rather well.  If I do choose to do him in armour, he's likely going to be replaced by Bilbo or Sam from the LORT game set where they are disguised in Goblin armour, and just do a head swap (or damn, that seems to be out of print.  Maybe a Reaper halfling champion?).  As it is, he's ready to go whoring in King's Landing, lay a smack-down in the throne room, or generally get Bronn to do his dirty work for him, as he is clearly not prepared for combat.  Which is about right, when he faces the Starks.



Next up, some champion-ish Lannister men.  Possibly house guards who have dumped their cloaks.  Overall, I'm not sure how well the Knights Panther heads worked.  They seem a little big, but I'm not sure the difference is massive.  Again, Perry Bros bodies and, with the sword and shield, Fireforge arms. 


 And lastly, some men at arms (or at least, a representative sample).  I used some archers without modifications from Perry Bros, but the rest are generally Perry bodies and heads with Fireforge arms.  I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment